A few weeks ago, Microsoft began the process of rolling out Microsoft search to Modern SharePoint Sites on Office 365 Tenants and those on ‘Targeted Release’.
There are likely to be many other things that this will affect but here is a brief rundown of what you need to know and how this change will affect your Office 365 tenant, once the change goes into ‘standard’ release.
1. The change only affects Modern Sites (At this stage!)
This may break any customisations you have made!
2. The Search bar will move
You will see that the search bar has moved from the Site Banner to the Office 365 Tenant Banner.
3. Search results will update on key entry
4. The Search Bar is contextual
For example, you will see that the search bar disappears if searching from a SharePoint List. There is now a single search bar. Note: This can be a bit annoying if you are trying to search for things that are not on the list/library, as there is no easy way to get to ‘All results’.
5. Search results will only show for the site you are on, by default
6. You can click on the ‘Organization’ Tab for ALL Site Results
As always, please get in touch if we can help in any way with this or any other Office 365 matters.